Public Health Internship/ Volunteer
Deschutes County Health Service Public Health (DCPH) is seeking several college-level interns for 2021 to assist with Public Health Equity, Data, Performance Management, Innovation, and Quality Improvement Initiatives in Bend, OR.
- Work with the Quality Improvement Analyst to integrate equity, quality improvement, and performance management into internal processes.
- Assess best practices and feasibility of integration at DCPH, and create an implementation plan.
- Assess current processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Integrate equity into current processes in collaboration with staff.
Interns will assist with:
- Survey, interview, and/or focus group development
- Data collection
- Quantitative and qualitative data management
- Assisting with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and summarizing results
Examples of potential projects:
- Internal quality improvement assessment, planning, implementation, and report
- Internal equity assessment, planning, implementation, and report
- Internal communication improvement
- Partnership Assessment and Report
- Core Competencies assessment, assessment, planning, implementation, and report
- Program assessments and reports
Internship Specific Considerations
- Housing is the responsibility of the intern.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Tentative start date: As there are multiple projects and internship positions, this is an ongoing recruitment.
- Must be a current college student or recent graduate in Public Health or related field in community health sciences
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional behavior and appearance
- Strong analytical skills
- General interest in public health, quality improvement, and equity