Wildland Firefighter (Firefighter Type 2)
Entry Level Wildland Firefighters (FFT2) Hand Crew Member/Engine Crew Member
- Reports for work with all required equipment and fit for duty
- Adheres to Company policies
- Ensures a safe work environment by adherence to Company and fireline safety guidelines and standard operating procedures (10 Standard Fire Orders, LCES, Downhill Checklist, Company Policies)
- Maintains situational awareness (18 Watch-Out Situations, Look Up, Down, Around Indicators)
- Receives and understands briefing from supervisor.
- Participates in organized and coordinated crew tactical actions.
- Rearranges and removes fuels near the fireline to reduce threat of spotting or slop-overs.
- Participates in reducing the threat of fire exposure to improved properties.
- Follows established procedures in securing the fireline.
- Locates and suppresses fire within the assigned area.
- Detects or locates hot materials or burning fuels.
- Maintains communications with designated personnel through the chain of command (5 Communications Responsibilities)
- Identifies situations which warrant immediate action and/or reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for fire tools, equipment and gear.
- Assumes responsibility for safety and welfare of yourself and others. Report any threat.
- Follows established procedures for all possible incident assignments including but not limited to line construction(direct/indirect), line preparation, firing, holding, mop-up, and fireline repair objectives
- Follows safety procedures for transporting personnel and equipment.
- Uses safe and efficient procedures when deploying hose and accessories.
- Participates in crew safety briefings and After-Action Reviews
- Reports all injuries to immediate supervisor
- Maintains crew cohesion by treating all others with respect and dignity
- Assists in maintaining daily crew fire readiness (equipment checks, logistical needs, any other tasks assigned by supervisor)
- Additional duties as delegated by Squad Bosses or Crew/Engine Boss to include but not limited to crew fire readiness and logistical support (securing lunches, water, batteries, ice, etc.) for assigned resource.
- Experienced FFT2 crew members are expected to set the example and be proactive when completing assigned tasks, including maintaining a safe work environment, positive attitude, productive work ethic, maintaining crew cohesion and sharing knowledge and experience that will develop inexperienced crew members for the future
- Proactive in personal growth and professional development
- Participates in the Return to Home Unit Protocol (Demob and Crew Refurb)
- Represents the Crew, Company, and Wildland Fire Community in a professional manner both on and off the fireline
GFP is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer committed to an inclusive, multicultural workplace which values diversity and actively encourages members of diverse communities to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply. This contractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60- 300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that GFP Enterprises, LLC take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.