Internship - Systems/Mechanical Engineer
Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard in New Hampshire, DEKA employs a team of over five hundred professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems/Mechanical Engineering Intern to work in a dynamic R&D environment this summer. The selected candidate will have ab opportunity to work in an engineering environment investigating design limits and alternate design approaches to mechanical, and small volume pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks, 12 preferred. All summer internships must start no later than June 17, 2019.
- Work with the engineering team to develop technical investigation protocols
- Participate in investigations:
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Participate in technical reviews
- Must be current enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate mechanical, bio-med, or systems engineering degree program
- Previous experience with measuring equipment or fixtures (pressure, force, tension, volumetric)
- Experience with data collection systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience with Inventor / 3D modeling desirable
- Experience with Matlab desirable
- Experience with Python desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
Applicants should be aware that short-term housing options in Manchester, NH are limited and that DEKA is not able to assist with housing.
Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
Please be aware that we try to make sure that our internship opportunities are well defined and will provide a unique experience. We understand that most candidates would like to know if they have a placement as soon as possible, but at DEKA it takes more time than other companies. We will try to let you know as soon as we can, but encourage you to pursue other opportunities as well.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.