Health Care Medical Device Intern
Join us as an Health Care Medical Device Intern! Make an impact supporting world-class brands that offer outstanding products to elevate people's lives everywhere, every day - including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®.
We will empower our interns with opportunities to deliver on business challenges aligned to their field of study – all while working right alongside field professionals and leaders who will support enhancing our interns’ skills and experience. Intern activity participation may include but is not limited to: comprehensive onboarding, operational duties in their department, project-based duties, training via online and/or classroom, virtual speaker series with senior leaders, networking opportunities, job shadowing, presentations, and volunteer project.
Experience You Will Gain
* Coaching, mentorship, and professional guidance from experienced performers and leaders.
* Involvement in a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues who are passionate about our products.
* After the internship and graduation, consideration for career opportunities at various locations.
* Regulatory: The intern will have exposure to class II medical devices and worldwide regulatory requirements.
* Schedules and timelines: Review /Prepare Schedules and timelines. Follow up on key dates and activities. Participation in planning meetings and follow up with cross functional teams as well as outside vendors and inventors’ specific activities. The intern will learn how to create, manage and follow-up on project schedules and learn skills on how to manage expectations with different organizations.
* Executive Reviews: Work on formal presentations with marketing personnel for Executive Management meetings. The intern will learn how projects are prepared both financially and technically and reviewed in a formal setting with executive committees.
* Patents: The intern will learn the importance of intellectual property and how business uses this to protect and leverage opportunities with it.
* Other: The intern will get a wide range of exposure on a global scale developing new business opportunities for Helen of Troy that require creative thinking and involvement with inventors and companies from China to Europe.
Key Program: New Blackbody validation and lab implementation project.
* Validation on new Black Body via physical measurements and various techniques.
* Design new Inserts for thermometers to be used with the new tester.
* Suggested improvements.
* Full-Time undergraduate or graduate student.
* Completed at least two years of a four-year degree program.
* Major / field of study related to applicable internship Bio-mechanical engineer and or Mechanical engineering.
* Ability to commit to a 10-12 Week summer program.
* Ability to work at the specified location of this internship.
* Prefer ability to work 40 hours / week during the 10-12 Week summer program.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Proactive with a positive attitude.
* Desire to learn.
* Works well in a collaborative environment.
* Must be able to work in the United States on a Full-Time basis
Compensation: Paid Hourly Wage
To learn more about Helen of Troy, visit us at www.helenoftroy.com
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.