Engineering Intern - OXO
Join us as an Engineering Intern at OXO! As an Intern at Helen of Troy, you have the opportunity to make an impact supporting world-class brands that offer outstanding products to elevate people's lives everywhere, every day - including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®.
We empower our interns with opportunities to deliver on business challenges aligned to their field of study – all while working right alongside field professionals and leaders who will support enhancing our interns’ skills and experience. Intern activity participation may include but is not limited to: comprehensive onboarding, operational duties in their department, project-based duties, training via online and/or classroom, virtual speaker series with senior leaders, networking opportunities, job shadowing, presentations, and volunteer project.
Experience You Will Gain
* Coaching, mentorship, and professional guidance from experienced performers and leaders.
* Involvement in a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues who are passionate about our products.
* After the internship and graduation, consideration for career opportunities at various locations.
* Assist the engineering team in testing and development of new products as well as design, build and validate new test equipment for evaluating and guaranteeing the durability of our new and existing products.
* Time and project management on a weekly, monthly and full-internship time frame.
* Attend meetings with design firms and key stakeholders at OXO to understand and be part of how OXO develops products.
* Work side-by-side with Product Engineers at OXO and learn from them how we develop products both for the user and for manufacturing, getting a unique look at how an idea b ecomes a product from concept through production.
* Full-Time undergraduate or graduate student.
* Completed at least two years of a four-year degree program.
* Major / field of study related to applicable internship (i.e. Organizational Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism).
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
* Ability to commit to a 10-12 Week summer program.
* Ability to work at the specified location of this internship.
* Prefer ability to work 40 hours / week during the 10-12 Week summer program.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Proactive with a positive attitude.
* Desire to learn.
* Works well in a collaborative environment.
* Must be able to work in the United States on a Full-Time basis.
* Experience working in Solidworks, PTC Creo, Autodesk Fusion 360
* Hands-on experience prototyping, worki ng in a shop, building, etc
* Arduino, raspberry pi, C++, Python
* Experience with Excel and Microsoft suite of products
* Ability to write and execute test plans, providing analysis and conclusions based on test results
* Knowledge of and interest in human-centered design
* Experience with FEA a plus
* Experience with coding, circuits and electromechanical design a plus
* Experience with Labview a plus
Compensation: Paid Hourly Wage
At OXO, we’re on a quest to make the everyday better. For over 25 years, we’ve made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we’re going to make it happen, even if it hasn’t been done before—especially if it hasn’t been done before. If you’ve ever thought, “There’s got to be a better way to do this," you belong here, too.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn’t just a buzzword at OXO, it’s a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, group limoncello making, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, and an annual ski trip—we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
For more information about who we are and what we do at OXO, click here.
To learn more about Helen of Troy, visit us at www.helenoftroy.com
You can also find Helen of Troy on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.