Student Trainee (Engineering and Architecture)
You will serve as a Student Trainee (Engineering and Architecture) Intern, responsible for performing a variety of routine duties in support of professional engineers and engineering technicians, while broadening skills and gaining practical experience in hydraulic engineering and/or environmental engineering.
Major duties may include:
- Apply engineering and/or scientific methods in the areas of water resources engineering, hydraulics, environmental engineering, chemistry, water quality, and/or environmental restoration.
- Assist higher graded scientists and engineers in preparation and review of analyses.
- Participate in site visits to obtain field data for assigned projects.
- Research scientific and engineering material to gather data for analysis.
- Prepare written correspondence to document findings and summarize recommendations for review by higher graded engineers and scientists.
This position is a summer internship and may be extended to include school breaks by mutual agreement up to 1 year. It may be extended one additional year at the supervisor's discretion.