Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Job Description: Full time entry level mechanical engineer. Responsibilities include assisting lead engineers with the design and review of mechanical systems from concept through product delivery. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, drafting, mechanical component selection, strength calculations and on-site visits. This position will received training and mentorship from experienced and licensed professional engineers. See website for project examples. (www.casperphillips.com)
Location: Tacoma, WA
· Master of Science or Master of Engineering with emphasis in design, dynamics, material science and/or solid mechanics
· 3.2 Cumulative GPA or better
· E.I.T. Certification
· Exposure to Finite Element Analysis
· Drafting skills
· Strong Beam Theory Knowledge
· Must be able to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Preferred Skills (not required but will help candidates stand out)
· SAP2000 experience
· AutoCAD/Inventor/Solidworks experience
· Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Object Oriented Programming (C#, Visual Studio ect.)
· Experience designing bolted and welded connections
· Preferred elective classes
o Advanced Stress Analysis
o Theory of Elasticity
o Fracture and Fatigue
o Finite Element Analysis
Salary: Base salary depends on qualifications and skills. Healthcare plan with company contributed health savings account after 60 day probationary period. Paid sick leave, paid vacation, SAR-SEP retirement plan.
Casper, Phillips & Associates is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation.