Connected Services Validation Engineer - Associate
Associate will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- User Acceptance Testing- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
- Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
- Defect Management -- Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
- Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree
- 0-2 ½ years of experience in Telematics is required - (will consider internships or coops as part of that experience).
- 0-2 ½ years of experience with CAN (internship/coop experience OK)
- Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written
- Passion for telematics and internet / Smart Phone based applications.
- Experience with CAPL
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the connected vehicle
- In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP)
- Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
- Comfortable when working in a loosely defined role.
Travel and Driving Notes:
- Will be required to drive a company drive. Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%.