Engineering Internship Program (January-June 2019)
Located at the E. & J. Gallo Winery’s headquarters in Modesto, California, this facility is the center for production, distribution, and corporate decision making for the Domestic and International businesses. Interns work with experienced engineers in to learn and assist in the below activities, including developing and testing potential solutions to ongoing systemic issues, as well as putting new processes in place. Interns will work in one or several of the following areas: Facility Maintenance, Production, and Wine & Spirits.
Founded by brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo in 1933 in Modesto, California, E. & J. Gallo Winery is the world’s largest family-owned winery and the acclaimed producer of award-winning wines and spirits featured in more than 90 countries around the globe. A pioneer in the art of grape growing, winemaking, sustainable practices, marketing and worldwide distribution, Gallo crafts and imports wines and spirits to suit a diverse range of tastes and occasions, from everyday offerings to boutique, luxury bottlings.
The Engineering department is searching for appropriate candidates to fill the 6 month positions in our Internship Program. Working closely with Engineers throughout the winery, the intern’s essential functions are as follows:
· Provide support in one or more of the following areas: project management, controls, asset start-ups, process design, mass balances, equipment sizing and selection, purchasing, construction management, commissioning, start-up, equipment and system qualification, continuous improvement, medium and low voltage power, stabilization process & package qualifications.
· Develop equipment set ups, documentation, equipment / material interface, and continuous improvement through learning and implementing the Lean Six Sigma process.
· Lead and manage projects.
· Work on engineering teams to identify issues, collect appropriate supporting data, develop and present improvement ideas, and implement solutions.
· Develop standardized work, time studies, equipment capability and repeatability studies.
· Develop critical parameters for equipment and systems.
· Develop and maintain relationship and communications between suppliers, engineers, and production line workers.
· This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
· Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the School of Engineering; or a Bachelor’s degree from the School of Engineering.
· The position requires availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
· Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the School of Engineering.
· Familiarity with statistical software.
· Basic knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
· Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and problem solving skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Wet/Slippery conditions vary and may include work in rain.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.