Business Process Consulting - Industrial Engineer
This Industrial Engineering position will entail working directly with the customer in developing and delivering recommendations and plans for very extensive facility design and upgrades in a very large industrial complex. This includes workflow analysis, cellular design, building construction and demolition, machinery/equipment layout, time studies, and other duties as required. Assist in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same. Assist with planning for equipment layouts, workflow, and safety precautions in an industrial environment.
· Participate in problem solving activities to improve efficiency of operations.
· Perform capacity and layout analysis on manufacturing equipment.
· Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel and equipment.
· Support project management for capital equipment acquisition, prepare cost estimates, timelines, and budgets for proposed projects.
· Utilize value stream mapping, process flow and other Lean Manufacturing tools.
· Analyze existing operations and propose cost justified improvements.
· Provide information for various management systems.
· Develop, track and report metrics to identify and remove process flow bottlenecks.
· Support capital expenditure justification analysis and project budget tracking.
· Support and coordinate with customer in preparation of documentation as required.
· Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
· Good project management, communication, and training skills
· Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
· Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD software, specifically AutoCAD.
· Ability to analyze data and processes as well as use problem solving methods to identify root causes and find best solutions
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding industrial environment.
· Ability to communicate with customers at all levels of the organization in a professional effective manner.
· Active security clearance.
· Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
· Knowledge or experience working in a Naval or Shipyard environment.
· Knowledge or experience working in a large industrial environment.
· Experience in the planning and design of new facilities with the intent of reducing waste.
· Training, experience, and/or certification in Lean, Six Sigma, Shingo, or Theory of Constraints.
What We Can Offer You:
· Our employees value the flexibility at Shipley that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
· We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
· We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities
· For over 20 years, the principles of Shipley’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
At Shipley you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation Federal Civilian customers. Shipley is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.