Technical Services Engineer
The Technical Services Engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for primarily providing field personnel, customers, and patients timely and accurate information regarding the specifications and functions of BIOTRONIK’s portfolio of products.
While a background in the medical field, sciences, or engineering is necessary for this role, we will provide extensive and in-depth industry-specific training to ensure a high level of product understanding and proficiency in cardiac rhythm management. Note that this position is a customer-facing, sales-support position and excellent customer service skills are required to succeed.
This position requires the combined skillsets of a Pacemaker device technician, technical writer, and Customer Service agent.
- Efficiently and effectively answer written and oral technical inquiries relating to implantation, programming, device compatibility or any other inquiry related to pacemaker and defibrillator therapy
- Troubleshoot and resolve clinical questions through direct consultation and/or interpretation of ECG tracings and/or other data working with field personnel and clinicians
- Actively participate in the Advanced Product Support on-call schedule
- Generate technical and training documentation from product specifications
- Edit cross-department documentation for the Company checking accuracy, formatting, and grammar
- Develop and deliver technical training presentations to internal and external customers
- Develop a high level understanding of the cardiac rhythm management industry to become a technical resource within the Company
- Determine the disposition of complaints for FDA reporting requirements
- Degree in engineering, nursing, sciences or equivalent experience in an allied health care field
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Are comfortable spending the majority of each day on the telephone working with a variety of professionals and multi-tasking
- Experience handling high-pressure situations and de-escalations with positive outcomes in a customer service role
- Ability to work in a very collaborative environment and with colleagues at all levels of the Company
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Powerpoint is required
- Experience with technical or business writing is preferred
- Previous support experience working in medical device field support, preferred