Mechanical Staff Engineer, Full Time | Eugene-Springfield, OR
Mechanical Staff Engineer | SYSTEMS WEST ENGINEERS | Springfield, Oregon
Seeking a Mechanical Staff Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. Ideal candidate will be responsible for performing the study, design, and/or construction administration of mechanical engineering projects for commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
This is a full time, exempt position. Competitive salary, DOE. Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan with contributions and company performance bonus.
To apply, students will need to submit the following via email to Amber Kelel, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Mechanical Staff Engineer and the students last name:
- Copy of transcripts (unofficial or official)
- Cover Letter addressing personal career goals and why they would be a good fit for Systems West Engineers or why they want to work at Systems West
Ideal candidate will be able to complete the following tasks:
- Perform work for projects that may include master planning, existing facility evaluations, feasibility studies, design, cost estimating, and similar technical functions.
- Project facility types may include K-12 and higher education, government office buildings, laboratories, medical facilities, data/communication centers, sports facilities, aquatic centers, and central plants
- Prepare reports, plans, and specifications for assigned projects in compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and owner’s project requirements under the supervision of a project manager/project engineer.
- Field survey to identify site conditions.
- Identify design concepts and provide technical direction for the design of mechanical systems with a focus on energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Prepare reports, plans, and specifications for assigned projects in compliance with applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and owner’s project requirements.
- Perform engineering calculations that may include HVAC load calculations, pipe and ductwork sizing, and equipment capacity.
- Provide construction administration services.
- Coordinate with other disciplines on design work as appropriate.
- Support the development of company standards.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients
- Provide project information to Marketing as needed.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and written skills
- Must be self-starter.
- Proficient computer skills include MS Office Suite
- Technical knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit desirable.
- Preferred personal attributes, including but not limited to:
- Personable, presentable, and articulate
- Sound work ethic
- Honest, trustworthy, and dependable
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to think creatively
Systems West Engineers is an established MEP consulting firm with over 30 years in business; ideally situated between the Pacific Ocean and Cascade Mountains. Our client-focused services, diverse and established client base, and small group of talented employees drive our continued company success.
Our employees are some of the hardest working, supportive, and skilled engineers, designers, technicians, and administration staff in our field. Collectively, we value transparency, creativity, and new challenges. We also value both professional and personal growth and seek continued work-life balance in our everyday practices.
Please visit www.systemswestengineers.com for a complete job description and to learn more about our firm.