RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Career and Technical Education
Job Title: Forestry Instructor
Division: Career and Technical Education
This position is primarily responsible for teaching forestry and natural resources courses for both college transfer and professional technical courses. Evening or offsite classes may be part of the assignment. Other responsibilities include curriculum development, outcomes assessment, committee assignments, serving as an active member of the applicable advisory committees, being actively involved in recruiting students, advising of students, placing graduates in jobs, and other duties as outlined. The assignment may include visiting each high school in the college district and making presentations on applications of forestry and natural resources courses.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:|
- Meets each assigned class with punctuality, enthusiasm and regular attendance.
- Implements class activities that will promote maximum learning.
- Covers the usual course content as described in the approved course outline, and provides sufficient exposure to the material so that students will satisfactorily meet learning outcomes.
- Conducts class during the time and in the room provided on the regular college schedule as assigned.
- Maintains a schedule of at least five office hours weekly to assist with students
- Submits reports as requested including class rosters, grade reports, grade books, text book requests, inventories, final examinations.
- Assists in committee assignments and other related activities which contribute to the improvement and proper operation of the college.
- Carries out college policies in all aspects that relate to the position.
- Conducts self as a representative of the college staff when participating in school-related functions.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Hearing voice conversation, sitting, standing, walking occurs in this job daily.
- Bending, gripping hands & fingers, kneeling, lifting/carrying 0-34 pounds, reaching, standing long periods, stooping occurs regularly but not daily.
- Due to the nature of the programs, some courses are offered only at night.
- The applicant is required to be able to perform these tasks/movements with or without reasonable accommodations, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how performance of these functions is possible.