To assist in the development of engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the companys transmission and distribution system.
- Assist company engineers in performing engineering studies and analysis of substation equipment, protection and control equipment, transmission structures and hardware, and distribution equipment.
- Develop moderately complex engineering studies of limited scope and prepare data for analysis.
- Perform electrical network data analysis and present results to company staff.
- Conduct drawing reviews to ensure adherence to company and industry standards.
- Research and test equipment provided by suppliers
- Update company standards and drawings
- Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
- Enrolled full time in accredited engineering college/university.
- Sophomore standing or higher in electrical/mechanical/civil engineering or a related field.
- Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
- Average hours of work per week not to exceed 20 hours per week per calendar year.