Lines for Life Job Description
Position Title: Information Technology Specialist
Location: Portland, OR
Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
Salary: $15.86-$18.50/hr. DOE ($32,988.80-$38,480 annually)
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Overview: Lines for Life has experienced significant growth over the past year and now needs dedicated on-site information technology (IT) support in order to deliver its services 24/7/365. The IT Specialist will be the first person to help staff and volunteers with installation, troubleshooting, and support for hardware, software and networks. The IT Specialist will coordinate with Lines for Life’s MSP and other IT vendors on complex technical projects, and will also assist with the implementation of an IT Strategy.
- Assist with installation, troubleshooting and support for hardware, software and networks based on priority level. Document issues and solutions and escalate the issues to external support from vendors as needed.
- Perform root cause analyses on common technical issues and provide recommendations to supervisor on how to prevent these issues from recurring.
- Configure and maintain equipment like PCs, printers, scanners, phones, and network equipment.
- Coordinate complex projects with IT vendors and providers with the support of the Director of Finance and Operations. Schedule maintenance with vendors so that the crisis lines remain operational 24/7/365.
- Create standard work instructions and deliver trainings to staff and volunteers on how to use Lines for Life’s technology.
- Maintain an inventory of all current IT equipment, track the usage of equipment by staff and volunteers, and make recommendations to supervisor about replacements when necessary.
- Research new technology and provide recommendations to management about systems and equipment that could enable staff and volunteers to work more efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with the implementation of an IT Strategy and development of the disaster recovery plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
· High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of college coursework in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
· Experience setting up and maintaining equipment like PCs, phones, printers, scanners and network equipment.
· Project management skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and stay on track with deadlines.
· Ability to perform root cause analyses and research solutions to common technical issues
· Creative problem-solving skills.
· Continuous improvement mindset.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills to be able to describe technical issues to external IT vendors and providers, as well as the ability to explain how to use technology in a way that staff and volunteers without a technical background can understand.
· Ability to work under pressure. Patience and a sense of humor a plus.
Travel and Schedule Requirement
· This position will work 40 hours per week. The weekly schedule will be determined at a later date.
· Minimum travel will be required within the city of Portland.
Benefits: Lines for Life offers great benefits including full coverage for employees’ health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance. Full-time employees are also offered a free Fitbit as part of the Employee Wellness Program. Additional plans in which employees may participate in include 401K and flexible spending plans.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Complete the application form at the following link: