Paid Internships for Spring & Summer 2019 Sessions - Federal & Corporate Sector - DC and Nationwide - All Majors
The HACU National Internship Program (HNIP) has been a premier student program for 25 years promoting diversity in the federal and corporate workforce. We seek the best and brightest from across disciplines to fill hundreds of internship opportunities per year.
Gain work experience, acquire new skills, and grow your professional network! Federal and corporate internships are available in the nation's capital and across the U.S. Be part of the more than 12,000 former interns who have taken on the challenge and used their internships to launch their professional careers.
In 2017, HNIP provided 457 internships: of those, 438 were with federal agencies while the remaining 19 were corporate.
Some of our federal sponsors include:
• Broadcasting Board of Governors • Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency • Federal Reserve Board • Library of Congress • National Credit Union Administration • National Science Foundation • Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation • U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission • U.S. Agency for International Development • U.S. Department of Agriculture • U.S. Department of Commerce – U.S. Census Bureau • U.S. Department of Defense • U.S. Department of Health and Human Services • U.S. Department of Interior • U.S. Department of State • U.S. Department of the Treasury • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Corporate partners include:
• ACT • Aetna • American Student Assistance • BBVA Compass • Deloitte • Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis • Ford Credit • Ford Motor Company Fund • General Electric • Goldman Sachs • KPMG
• Spring 2019 Session: Jan. 9-April 20, 2019
• Deadline: EXTENDED to November 16, 2018 at 11:59pm
• Summer 2019 Sessions: May 30- August 9th 2019
• Early Deadline: Oct 26th, 2018 , Regular Deadline: February 15, 2019
*Later start date for Summer session only available for applicants attending institutions on a quarter calendar.
• Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program or within a year of having graduated
•Have completed freshman year
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Be authorized to work by law in the U.S.
Desired Skills & Experience:
While all majors are welcome to apply, below is a list of In-demand majors: Agriculture • Business-Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Labor Relations, and Marketing • Communication-Digital Communication, Journalism, and Broadcast Journalism. • Engineering-Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, & Petroleum • Geographic Information Systems • Information Technology Computer Science • Library Science • Law • Natural Sciences-Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, & Veterinary Medicine • Psychology-Counseling • Public Health • Public Policy • Public Administration • Social Work • Statistics • Translation/Interpretation (English-Spanish, Medical)
- Internship / Externship
Undergraduate:$580/week Graduate: $650/week • Corporate interns will be paid salaries similar to federal interns based on 40 hours per week, at minimum
-Airfare is arranged and paid for by HACU for Washington, D.C. orientation and round-trip to and from your internship site if necessary.
-Housing accommodations can be arranged by HACU.
-Academic Credit: Interns may be eligible to receive academic credit at their educational institution.